Assessment of the first half of 2022
The Audi Group is presenting a solid balance sheet for the first half of 2022. Due to the ongoing semiconductor crisis and COVID-19-related lockdowns in China, the high demand for Audi core brand vehicles could not be fully met. Despite this, the Audi Group’s revenues and the operating profit increased. Earnings were driven by the good price position, the strong operating performance of the Lamborghini and Bentley luxury brands, and support from raw material hedging.
- Premium Brand Group delivered 797,587 vehicles in the first six months of the year
- Compared with the prior-year period, revenue increased to €29.9 billion
- Record earnings of €4.9 billion in the first half and an operating return on sales of 16.5 percent
- Net cash flow of €2.6 billion
- Forecast for deliveries, revenue and returns for the full year 2022 confirmed
„The significant increase in the operating profit and the operating return on sales in the first half of 2022 shows that we have mastered the turbulence well and systematically seized the opportunities at the same time. “
― Jürgen Rittersberger, Member of the Board of Management for Finance and Legal Affairs of AUDI AG.